Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekly Round-UP

Yesterday Josh and I were at the Giants game in San Francisco.  About six months ago Josh called me from work and said that our Edward Jones region was doing their annual Giants game on a Saturday (usually they go to a Sunday game) and did we want to go?  Was that a rhetorical question?  So we bought our tickets and then other than putting the event on my calendar, I didn't think about it anymore.  Until the beginning of this week when I realized that not only were we going to be gone all day (think 14 hours), but it was the opening day for soccer season.  Logan had a game, and the older girls had TWO.  Yikes.  There went my babysitters.  And not only that, but if they were playing two games, they could hardly keep track of getting Logan to his game and watching to make sure he made it home safe and sound.

But I'm pretty good at being brilliant at getting what I want, so I figured it out.  I hired one babysitter to come watch the little girls for five hours in the morning, and her older brother to come pick up Logan and bike with him to his game, wait, and then bring him home.  Am I brilliant?  It worked perfectly, aside from the fact that Natty was up at 5am and was extremely grumpy for that poor babysitter.

This picture is taken a little left of where we were actually seated, but about as high up.
But back to the game.  We had a LOT of fun.  Josh likes to keep score, so he was busy being his nerdy self (sorry, Josh - you know it's true).  We chatted a little with the other Edward Jones people, but we weren't all sitting together (even 6 months in advance we couldn't get a block of seats all together!).  We did get free T-shirts, but since it was some sort of hispanic baseball player celebration day, they say "Gigantes" on them.  Funny.

Not only had I never been to a professional baseball game before, I'd for sure never been to the new-ish Willie Mays Stadium, which is perched on the edge of San Francisco looking out over the bay.  It was 68 degrees and clear as a bell.  We could watch the boats, the game, or my personal favorite - the people!  It was fun.  I've never liked watching baseball on TV, but baseball in person is much more interesting.  We packed a yummy lunch (Safeway's new Turkey-Pesto-Avocado Sandwich is my fave) and enjoyed the day!

***************************************************************

Other than that, not much to report.   I had some things in mind to share, but since they've gone clean out of my head, they must not have been that important.  You've been spared.  ;-)


No comments: