Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween and stuff!

Okay! So Hez asked how I was doing. I'm slowly, slowly getting better. I didn't make it in to the Doctor on Thursday - they didn't have any openings. But I had to make a regular appointment for our health insurance screenings, which is today, so I figured I would just wait until Monday and see how it went. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were each a little bit better than the day before. My energy level is going back up. I'm coughing less. Things are looking good. Today I've hardly coughed at all and usually mornings were the most miserable part of the day.
 So yay for that. 3 Weeks is far too long to be sick. It's been frustrating to be WANTING to get back on track and have this illness slow me down. But hey, that's life, right?


 We had our trunk or treat on Saturday night. The Young Women put together a few fun activities for the primary kids, including face painting, and eating a donut on a string. Those were pretty popular. Even the missionaries got in on the donut action, and Brynne and another youth had a great time making it difficult for them!  But the downside of all that is that starting at 6am on Sunday morning, Kenna and Natalie were constantly pestering me about WHEN they could have some MORE CANDY. ARGH! Not even a movie (so I could take a nap) kept them from coming and checking in (is it time for candy yet?). Finally out of sheer desperation, I put their candy on the dining room table with a fresh video on the computer and let them at it. The girls ate ALL of their candy and I haven't heard another word about it. yes! Best thing I ever did. of course, candy is basically all they ate all day, but at least it's gone!

 If you at all check Facebook, you know that Josh won his community chili cook-off on Friday night. It was WAY fun. I'm glad I had the energy to go (kept far away from the food serving, though, and didn't help at all). I figured nothing would be better for a cold than a bunch of spicy chili. ;-) There were so many tasty soups and chilis available. It was an all-you-can-eat type thing, but it was really too much food. We didn't even sample all 16 offerings. Josh tried the clam chowder that was brought by a local deli and thought it was super good. We were pleasantly surprised, after the evening was over, when the deli owner offered us what was left. A huge bucket full! We've divided and shared with some people in the ward, and there is still PLENTY left for us! Of course, I'm not a big fan of clam chowder, but since it's supposed to be super good, I'll probably try some.

Okay!  Well, that's it for now.

No comments: