Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Animals are guaranteed to drive you crazy!

A few days after Satin got her stitches, the vet called to check up on her.  I said everything seemed fine.  Then I thought to actually look at her stitches, since it had been at least two days since I had done that.  I was surprised to find that they were GONE.  She had bitten them all off, and the wound was starting to re-open.  I called the vet, had to rush the cat down for a quick re-do , and she was given one of those lovely cone collars that you sometimes see dogs wearing.  Oh, she was miserable.  I think she thought she was in a narrow tunnel that she couldn't get out of - some sort of terrible nightmare.  She walked and danced around backwards for two days.  She escaped from that collar twice, and since we were tired to fighting with her over it, we have resorted to the slightly less troublesome ACE bandage.  I think it was a stroke of pure genius by Josh and I.



I swear she thinks her body is paralyzed.  She slinks around - or even refuses to move her legs and just sort of rolls off the couch and around on the floor.  She's a little better today; moving around a bit and eating more.  Even begging to be let outside (which is currently off limits).  I'll be glad when she's all healed up and we can get back to our regular lives.



No comments: